Outer London Pay Scale £26k - £42k
Required for January 2018
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2017: 84% of students gained 4+ EM; 58% gained 5+ EM
We are looking to recruit a teacher (NQT or experienced) to join our committed, dynamic and very successful science team who are welcoming, supportive and highly professional. Science is well resourced being based within a specialised teaching block with interactive whiteboards in each laboratory. We have excellent extra and super-curricular activities; trips include visiting CERN in Switzerland and Bodyworld in Belgium. Sciences are highly popular at A level and BTEC level 3 and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to these courses. There is the potential to teach A level in any of Biology, Chemistry or Physics given post 16 uptake is currently high and increasing. There is the possibility of a TLR 2 for those able to contribute to the leadership and management of the department.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
· Ambitious for young people and for themselves
· Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
· Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
· An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
· You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
· You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
· You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
· You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
· You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found below. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Application to the Executive Principal, Ms R Allott asap and by 9am Monday 25th September 2017 at the latest.
|Application form.Teaching.June13||15th Sep 2017||Download|
|Guidance for applicants||15th Sep 2017||Download|
|Information for Teaching Applicants 1617||15th Sep 2017||Download|
|JD & Person specification.main scale tea...||15th Sep 2017||Download|
|Science dept details sept 17||15th Sep 2017||Download|