Payment for lunches:
The school operates a cashless card system for all payments for food or drink.
Each student is given a “plastic card” that is credited with money by parents and then is presented to pay for items. The amount spent is then deducted from the card’s balance. Free School Meal payments are automatically credited to the card.
The card is more than simply a payment card for food, drink or small stationery/office shop items. It is also the:
- School library card
- Student card for examinations or when classes are taken by substitute staff (eg illness)
- Staff and sixth form ID card to support school security
- Extracurricular attendance card
Students are expected to have the card in school together with their other equipment and the school journal.
Canteen Opening Hours:
- Breakfast: 8:00 – 8:30 (selling bacon, toast, hot and cold beverages etc)
- Morning break: 10:50 – 11:10 (selling sandwiches and wraps, hot and cold snacks, biscuits, cakes and drinks)
- Lunchtime: 12:10 - 12:50, 1:10 - 1:50 (selling meals of the day, pasta, salads, pizza, fast food, jacket potatoes and vegetables as well as snacks, biscuits, cakes, fruit and drinks)
- After school: 2:50 – 3:30 (selling hot and cold drinks, cakes and cookies)
The sixth form canteen is situated in the sixthform block and is used exclusively by the sixth form, opening early for breakfast and closing mid afternoon.
The menu served in the main school canteen is covered below:
Click here to download the Week 1 Menu
Click here to download the Week 2 Menu
Click here to download the Week 3 Menu