Key Stage 5 Mathematics Leader
Key Stage 5 Mathematics Leader (exceptional candidate may also be considered for the role of 2nd i/c of Mathematics)
Outer London Pay Scale £35k - £49k
Required for September 2019
This is an opportunity for an experienced Mathematics teacher to join our outstanding Mathematics department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well-resourced with a dedicated teaching block including four ICT rooms and interactive whiteboards in every classroom. Mathematics is highly valued by students, and the take up at Post 16 is high. The school offers Further Mathematics as well as running over ten A level groups at Post 16. The department was judged as outstanding by Ofsted in March 2012.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
- You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found below. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Applications which should be made to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by 9am Wednesday 24th April 2019 at the latest.
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.
|Application form.Teaching||27th Feb 2019||Download|
|Guidance for applicants||27th Feb 2019||Download|
|Information for Teaching Applicants 1819||27th Feb 2019||Download|
|JD & Person specification.main scale tea...||27th Feb 2019||Download|
|JD Maths Key Stage 5||27th Feb 2019||Download|
|MATHS DEPT DETAILS||27th Feb 2019||Download|