Free School Meals
We encourage all families who are entitled to a free school meal to claim it. Parents/carers are entitled to claim free school meals for their child/children if they receive:
- Income Support (IS) or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) (other job seekers allowances do not qualify)
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (ESA(IR))
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit) where your family's annual income does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
For those students entitled to a free school meal, a daily sum is automatically added to the child's cashless card and thus they pass through the checkout in the same way as those paying for their meals. Students who are entitled to a free school meal are able to choose from the range of quality food on offer.
Schools receive funding for use with the general curriculum based on the number of free school meals they provide. We would, therefore, encourage all parents/carers who qualify to claim the free school meals. Click here for further information and how to apply.
If you are in any doubt about whether your child is entitled to a free school meal please ring the London Borough of Sutton on 020 8770 6953 who will be able to give you the information you require. Applications for free school meals can be made online at www.sutton.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or by phone on 020 8770 6953.