Statutory Guidance for Careers
January 2018 saw the introduction of new statutory guidance for careers. The eight Gatsby benchmarks that underpin the statutory guidance are shown below and more detail can be found in the following link:
In line with guidance and using the eight Gatsby Benchmarks shown below, at Cheam High School we aim to help students:
- understand their options and different paths to work, to plan the steps they need to take, and to get from where they are to where they want to go;
- be inspired about new opportunities they might not have known about (or that might not exist yet), or thought they could not achieve;
- understand their knowledge and skills and how they can be used in the workplace;
- get, hold and progress in a job, whatever their age, ability or background;
- increase the amount they earn across their working lives;
- improve their well-being through doing a job they are good at and enjoy.
The school is working towards implementing the guidance and a termly ‘Compass’ audit is carried out to make sure we are on track.
For more information about Cheam High School’s careers programme, please contact Mr S Brewis (Assistant Headteacher; Post 16 and Careers Lead) or Mrs E Francis (Careers Coordinator).