Results and Destinations
Post 16 exam results for 2019 were very strong again, following a very successful year in 2018. Highlights include:
- 10% of entries graded at the highest possible i.e. A* or Distinction*
- 31% of entries graded at the top grades i.e. A or A*; Distinction or Distinction*
- 62% of entries graded at B grade or higher (A level) or Merit or higher (vocational)
- Pass rates exceeding national averages at A level and vocational level 3
There were many excellent individual performances including:
- 12 students with 3 A and AX grades and 28 students with at least 2 A or AX grades
- 20 students achieved a mix of at least 2 DX/DI grades
This year we have sent around 150 students to university and a number to Art/Drama/Music Colleges. 20% of students will be attending a Russell Group University and 28% have a place at a ‘prestigious’ university.
The remaining students applied (or were applying) for apprenticeships and jobs. A number of students have secured apprenticeships to employers including Mazars, Unilever, Cisco, Dyson and Blythe & Co.
We are very proud of all the students’ achievements and wish all students the best of luck in their next steps.
University destinations September 2020
The most popular university destinations are Southampton, Surrey, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Loughborough and Kingston.
The most popular courses include Accountancy and Finance, Business, Psychology, Politics and Biomedical Science.
The complete list of students, universities and courses can be viewed here.