Results and Destinations
Post 16 exam results for 2018 were very strong again, following a very successful year in 2017. Highlights include:
- 26% of entries graded at the highest possible i.e. A* or Distinction*
- 40% of entries graded at the top grades i.e. A or A*; Distinction or Distinction*
- 62% of entries graded at B grade or higher (A level) or Merit or higher (vocational)
- Pass rates exceeding national averages at A level and vocational level 3
There were many excellent individual performances including:
- 8 students with 3 A and A* grades and 21 students with at least 2 A or A* grades
- 11 students achieved 3 Distinction* grades in their vocational qualifications
- A further 27 students gained 2 Distinction* grades
This year we sent 115 students to British universities, 4 to American universities and 4 to Art Colleges. 14% of students will be attending a Russell Group University and 32% have a place at a ‘prestigious’ university.
The remaining students applied (or are applying) for apprenticeships and jobs. A number of students have already secured apprenticeships to employers including Rothschild, Mazars, Pfizer, DCL Insurance, Lloyds, Merton Council, London Borough of Sutton and Marsden Hospital in Chelsea.
We are very proud of all the students’ achievements and wish all students the best of luck in their next steps.
University destinations September 2018
The most popular university destinations are Kent, Surrey, Portsmouth, Loughborough and Manchester.
The most popular courses include Accountancy and Finance, Business, Psychology, Criminology, Politics and Law.
The complete list of students, universities and courses can be viewed here.