Cheam High School is a fantastic place to work. Staff are friendly, hardworking and care deeply about the education and pastoral care of our students.
There are many things about our school we are proud of, including:
- A no cover policy for staff – we have a dedicated team of Curriculum Support Officers who cover lessons if a teacher is absent.
- The importance of work/life balance – we are always listening to staff feedback and reviewing our approaches to make sure staff feel supported.
- Developing our staff professionally – we look at the evidence behind effective teaching and use our time to look at how we can teach our challenging curriculum effectively. We have a dedicated programme of subject and cross curricular planning and development sessions, which are evidence led and focus on what will make the most impact on student progress and engagement.
- A large and successful Sixth Form – we have 500 students across Years 12 and 13 who study a broad range of academic and vocational courses.
- Pastoral support – each year group has a Year Leader, Year Manager and an Assistant Headteacher alongside 12 tutors to make sure students are monitored closely and supported well. Tutor time sessions are planned centrally by each year team. We have a gate to gate no mobile phone policy and high expectations of student behaviour.
Teaching vacancies at Cheam High School are advertised on the school website and may also be advertised on the Times Educational Supplement and Eteach websites. Support staff vacancies appear on the school and Eteach websites.
The school operates a rigorous recruitment procedure that includes DBS and medical screening (for all staff) and confirmation of qualifications. Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please click here for details of all current vacancies.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to HR@cheam.sutton.sch.uk asap or by the closing date specified for the post.
For further information about the school, please browse our website to see our Outstanding provision for students and staff. We look forward to welcoming you to Cheam High School.