Design & Technology Teacher
Design & Technology Teacher: Outer London Pay Scale £28k - £44k
Required for September 2020
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2019: English achieved 88% and Mathematics 85% 4+
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Design and Technology teacher to join our thriving Technology department which encompasses Food Tech, Textiles, Construction and Design and Technology. Design and Technology is a key part of our curriculum at KS3 and a range of formal qualifications are offered across KS4 and 5.
We are particularly interested in applications from teachers with specialist skills in the areas of graphic products and resistant material. The ability to contribute to other aspects of our Technology provision, particularly Textiles, is desirable but not essential.
The role will require the teaching of all aspects of Design and Technology in Years 7 and 8 where our curriculum is structured on a rotational basis to give students the opportunity to learn about the various areas of Tech before selecting their GCSE/BTEC options as they move into KS4.
The department is extremely well resourced for the creative and dynamic teaching of Design and Technology and includes:
- Two fully stocked workshops
- One Textiles room
- Two fully equipped food rooms
- Two ICT suites
- A specialist Construction workshop including outdoor space
The department achieves strong results across disciplines and looks forward to welcoming a new member of staff to its successful and committed team.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
- You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found below. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Applications should be made to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by 9am Wednesday 22nd April 2020 at the latest.
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.
|Staff Vacancies - Design & Technology Teacher||Date|
|0.Application form.Teaching||19th Mar 2020||Download|
|Guidance for applicants||19th Mar 2020||Download|
|Information for Teaching Applicants 1920||19th Mar 2020||Download|
|JD Person specification.main scale teacher||19th Mar 2020||Download|
|Technology Department Details March 2020||19th Mar 2020||Download|