Each year, as part of the school’s continual self evaluation, judgements are made on the performance of different subject departments. These judgements are based on:
- the teaching and learning observed during a programme of lesson observations
- examination results achieved by the department
- the quality of marking/feedback to students on how to improve
- extra curricular activities, interventions and study support
- curriculum experiences and support for learning
- leadership and management of the department
- student voice (their comments on the subject and the support for their progress).
A report for each department area is made to the Governing Body each year. This includes detailed analysis of performance plus priorities for development.
The full Departmental Review document is used to ensure a high quality of provision is maintained. As this includes data about individual students and staff, these are not placed on the website. However, a brief overview of each department's performance can be found in the separate department sections with regard to the academic year 15/16.