Cheam PEP (for Post 16 students with MLD)
The PEP group is part of Cheam High School (CHS) Sixth Form.
It is for students:
- with a statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plan whose needs fall within the range of moderate learning (MLD)
- between the ages of 16 and 19
- who need a stepping stone between school and college
The PEP group has a maximum of twenty four places. The students are split into tutor groups of no more than eight students. There are three teachers and three learning support assistants. All staff members are well qualified and experienced.
The PEP group is based in Cheam High School Sixth Form Centre. This means that students:
- have access to the resources of the school
- can use the Social Zone and Study Zone, which are available to all Sixth Form students
- can mix with the rest of the Sixth Formers socially, e.g. attending the annual Summer Ball
- have purpose built classrooms providing an excellent learning environment.