Cheam PEP (for Post 16 students with MLD)
Cheam PEP is part of Cheam High School (CHS) Sixth Form.
It is for students:
- with an Education Health and Care Plan whose needs fall within the range of moderate learning (MLD)
- between the ages of 16 and 19
- who need a stepping stone between school and college
Cheam PEP has a maximum of sixteen places. The students are taught in small groups. There are two teachers and four learning support assistants. All staff members are well qualified and experienced.
Cheam PEP is based in Cheam High School Sixth Form Centre. This means that students:
- have access to the resources of the school e.g. the fitness suite.
- can use the Social Zone and Study Zone, which are available to all Sixth Form students
- can mix with the rest of the Sixth Formers socially, e.g. attending the annual 6th Form Prom
- have purpose built classrooms providing an excellent learning environment.