Support for sensory and/or physical needs
If your child has difficulties with sensory and/or physical needs......
This may include difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
It includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia
NB Please see speech, language and social communication section for sensory issues relating to ASD/Asperger Syndrome
What can Cheam High School offer?
All students at Cheam High School can access:
- Outstanding teaching with appropriate differentiation
- Visual aids and literacy posters to support key vocabulary and structures
- Let’s Think Programme for Key Stage 3 students to encourage meta-cognitive learning
- Access to a homework support club
- Wheelchair access
- Dedicated staff who value all students of all abilities
Support for targeted students may include:
- Medical Care Plans.
- Handwriting intervention and fine motor/keyboard skills training
- Access to assistive technology, software, audio digital books and IPad applications
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources
- Targeted support for complex medical needs, including practical support e.g. specialist rooms accessible by those with mobility issues or use of lifts; reduced timetable for a specific period of time
- Exam Access Arrangements
- Access to learning support and/or pastoral mentors as applicable.
- Advisory support from Specialist Teachers.