Careers Matters – Next Steps interviews
Sadly the school closures have had a huge impact on our careers programme. Normally by this point in the school year, our Next Steps (careers) Advisor, Ivana O'Brien, would have carried out interviews with a large number of Year 11 students. We are very sorry that this has not been able to happen.
Advice is still available via the Silver Year team or by contacting Mrs Elliott (Careers Coordinator). We are also in the process of setting up remote Next Steps interviews with Ivana, via Zoom. If your child would be interested in having an online interview, please contact Mrs Elliott as soon as possible. Places are very limited and we may have to give priority to students for whom we can’t give advice by phone or email.
If you would like your child to be considered for this opportunity, please contact Mrs Elliott (email@example.com) with details of why an interview is required. Please include a current email address for your son/daughter, so that we can send the necessary paperwork if we are able to offer them an interview.
This week’s virtual Work Experience opportunities
Speakers for Schools are now offering exciting remote work experience placements which will give Cheam High School students opportunities to try out industries they are interested in and allow them to gain insights into the career pathways available in various industries.
Students can register themselves at s4snextgen.org to view all the latest offers. The popular placements fill up really quickly and applications may close before the deadline. We have added the URLs.
New Virtual Work Experience Opportunities Recruiting Now:
- NextGen Nurse - Meet the people behind the masks: North East England (s4snextgen.org/opportunities/view/id/1015)
- Dates: 11th February 2021.
- Eligibility: 14 – 19 year olds keen to find out more about a career in the NHS.
- Application Deadline: 21st January 2021
- Willmott Dixon Management Careers VWEX- Future Leaders Wanted (s4snextgen.org/opportunities/view/id/939)
- Dates: 15th - 19th February 2021.
- Eligibility: 14 – 19 year olds interested in management careers in construction.
- Application Deadline: 31st January 2021
- Marketing & Digital Communications VWEX with Oakridge (s4snextgen.org/opportunities/view/id/1066)
- Dates: 1st – 5th March 2021.
- Eligibility: Creative 15 – 19 year olds interested in marketing research, data collection and analysis.
- Application Deadline: 18th February 2021
- Skanska UK Insight taster day all around Social Value and Digital Tools (s4snextgen.org/opportunities/view/id/957)
- Dates: 18th February 2021.
- Eligibility: 14 – 19 year olds interested in the use of digital tools in the construction industry.
- Application Deadline: 20th January 2021
- Farrans Construction Insight Day (s4snextgen.org/opportunities/view/id/1069)
- Dates: 24th February 2021.
- Eligibility: 16 – 19 year olds students interested in real industry knowledge.
- Application Deadline: 22nd January 2021
Virtual Work Experience – feedback
Has your child registered for or taken part in any of the virtual opportunities we have advertised (or any they have found by themselves)? We’d love to hear about this! Please email Mrs Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org)