Outer London Pay Scale £29k - £45k
Required for September 2022
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2021: 89% of students gained 4+ EM; 63% gained 5+ EM
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic NQT or experienced teacher to join our outstanding Mathematics department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well-resourced with a dedicated teaching block including four ICT rooms and interactive whiteboards in every classroom. Mathematics is highly valued by students, and the take up at Post 16 is high. The school offers Further Mathematics as well as running over ten A level groups at Post 16. The department was judged as outstanding by Ofsted in March 2012.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and a highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
- You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found below. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Applications which should be made to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by 9am Tuesday 24th May 2022 at the latest.
Please note that we reserve the right to call suitable applicants for interview prior to the closing date and if a successful appointment is made, close the advertisement early. You are therefore encouraged to submit your application without delay.
Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Surrey SM3 8PW
Tel: 020 8644 5790
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.